Activist & Advocate
I believe in being kind to our earth. I am trying to weed out thethings in our lives that are toxic and replace them with more user friendlyproducts. Replacing plastic with glass, for food storage because plasticgives off toxic gases and leaks chemicals into your food. Organically grownfoods, natural fibers for linens and clothing. Getting rid of pressboardwhich off-gases toxic chemicals like formaldehyde and replacing it withsolid wood products. Cleaning with natural products that are safe enoughto eat, like baking soda and vinegar. Ever heard of sick building syndrome?Chemicals in your living environment can make you sick.
Environmental Health & Organic Links
TheLand Must Live: By Wayne H. Davis - A must read!
- Gaiam: Harmony (Formerly Seventh Generation) is my favorite catalogue for healthier home environments! Gaiam is a provider of information, goods and services to customers who value the environment, a sustainable economy, healthy lifestyles, alternative health care and personal development. They encompass several catalogue titles including Harmony (eco-home goods), SelfCare and InnerBalance (health and wellness), Living Arts (Yoga, mind/body/fitness), and Jade Mountain, a smaller renewable energy company with a similar product offering to Real Goods (see below).
- Real Goods Trading Corp.,: My second favorite catalogue. Real Goods' vision is multi-faceted. Started in 1978, Real Goods follows the traditional values of integrity, honesty, friendliness, wise resource use, and ingenuity. They are also part of Gaiam.
- Working For Change: is a comprehensive Web site made up of resources for people with progressive values. Anyone with Internet access (members and non-members alike) can speak out on urgent issues, go shopping, make a donation, volunteer their time or listen to the radio. Home of Working Assets - A phone company with environmental & social conscious.
- RedJellyfish: Beautiful nature postcards, environmental news, updates on important events, and much, much more - check it out!
- EnviroLink Home Page: The largest on-line environmental information resource on the planet it exists solely to act as a clearinghouse on the Internet for the environmental community.
- Mother Earth News: The original country living magazine & my personal favorite!
- Environmental Defense: Environmental Defense is dedicated to protecting the environmental rights of all people, including future generations. Among these rights are clean air, clean water, healthy, nourishing food, and a flourishing ecosystem.
- Don't Panic - Eat Organic!: Everything you ever wanted to know about organic food.
- Alternative MedicineHomepage: a jumpstation for sources of information on unconventional, unorthodox, unproven, or alternative, complementary, innovative, integrative therapies.
- ALGY'S HERB PAGE: Medicinal herbs and their use, growing, harvesting and crafting with herbs, culinary uses of herbs and seed exchange.
- Bach Flower Remedies: The Bach system of healing was developed in the 1930s by Dr Edward Bach, a noted British physician, homeopath, bacteriologist and immunologist. He believed that a healthy mind is the key to recovery from ill health. The Bach Flower system works by gently restoring balance to negative emotions.
- Holistic Medicine Web Page: The Internet's premier resource for holistic medicine.
- S.P.O.T.: Pulling The Plug on the Tampon Industry
- Motherlove Herbal Co.: salves, oils, tinctures and baths with certified organic herbs, for use during pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding.
- Pediatric Holistic Health: Achieve natural health for your children with alternative, holistic and preventative medicine such as nutrition, homeopathy, naturopathy, herbs, biomagnetics healing, aromatherapy, and flower essences.
- Mothers Against Circumcision: a website listing the many benefits of remaining intact and the physically, psychologically, and sexually damaging effects of circumcision.
- Global Vaccine Awareness League: The Best Decision is an Informed Decision - Global Vaccine Awareness League is dedicated to the education of parents and concerned citizens regarding vaccination.
© Kimberly McGee
First on-line 03/22/1996