My husband and I both have Native American blood running through our veins. Phillip has Cherokee, and I have Potawatomi. I am a member of the Pokagon Band, which was nationally recognized as a tribe in 1994 by President Clinton.
Native American Tribes
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians
- Prairie Band Potawatomi Homepage
- Forest County Potawatomi Homepage
- Cherokee Nation: Official Site
- United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- Native American Sites on the WWW
Native American Culture
- Potawatomi History: Exactly what it sounds like.
- Potawatomi Web: To raise awareness about the importance of preserving the Potawatomi Language and provide on-line tutorials & reference materials.
- The History of the Cherokee: Exactly what it sounds like.
- Raven's Tsalagi (Cherokee) Resources: Offers information on the Cherokee Language and links to other resources.
- Access Genealogy - Native Americans: Return to AccessGenealogy For all of us who heard as a child, great grand someone in our family was a Native American these pages are meant to help answer that question. From here you can find links to a variety of information and records, most of which are for the Native American researcher.
- Native AmericanSpirituality: Many followers of Native American Spirituality, do not regard their spiritual beliefs and practices as a "religion" in the way in which many Christians do. Their beliefs and practices form a integral and seamless part of their very being.